The New Balance 1140 updates the popular 817 running shoe with an innovative stability system to help prevent overpronation and support the large-framed runner. An ENCAP® platform supports a healthy gait with a firm foundation and greater height on the medial side, then a top layer of softer cushioning enhances comfort-plus an extra share for the lateral side discourages overpronation. A stylish synthetic and mesh upper adds reflectivity, while its welded construction eliminates seams to prevent chafing.
Why is this product a "second"?
"Seconds" are brand new, and in the original packaging. Generally, these shoes have very minor cosmetic blemishes which may include an off stitch or minor imperfection in the dye.
These styles meet New Balance specifications in every other way, and in no way affect the performance of the shoe. Our standard return policy is honored with these shoes.
- Synthetic/Mesh upper
- ENCAP® midsole technology provides support and maximum durability
- ABZORB® cushioning in the midfoot provides exceptional shock absorption
- No sew welded seams
- N-Durance® rubber compound for maximum outsole durability
- These shoes are proudly made in our U.S. factories by our more than 1,300 U.S. workers. Where the domestic value is at least 70% we have labeled them "Made in USA."
- 3M® Reflective detail offers increased safety and visibility
- Blown rubber outsole
- Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500 Diabetic shoe
- Color: Silver with Blue
- Shoe Last: SL2
- Weight: 389 grams (13.7 oz)
|Need help with a definition?|
You May Also Like
Today's Customer Favorites