The New Balance 1140 updates the popular 817 running shoe with an innovative stability system to help prevent overpronation and support the large-framed runner. An ENCAP® platform supports a healthy gait with a firm foundation and greater height on the medial side, then a top layer of softer cushioning enhances comfort-plus an extra share for the lateral side discourages overpronation. A stylish synthetic and mesh upper adds reflectivity, while its welded construction eliminates seams to prevent chafing
Why is this product a "second"?
"Seconds" are brand new, and in the original packaging. Generally, these shoes have very minor cosmetic blemishes which may include an off stitch or minor imperfection in the dye.
These styles meet New Balance specifications in every other way, and in no way affect the performance of the shoe. Our standard return policy is honored with these shoes.
- Welded seams, a no-sew material application, reduce weight and prevent chafing
- Synthetic/mesh upper provides lightweight comfort and support
- ENCAP® midsole technology provides support and maximum durability
- Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500 Diabetic shoe
- N-Durance® rubber compound for maximum outsole durability
- Blown rubber outsole is extremely flexible, light, and helps provide cushioning
- Dual Density Collar uses both a softer density foam against the foot for cushioning, and a firmer density foam for support
- Entire midsole made of Abzorb® FL provides unique lightweight shock absorption
- These shoes are proudly produced in our U.S. factories by our more than 1,300 U.S. workers. Where the domestic value is at least 70% we have labeled them "Made in USA."
- 3M® Reflective detail offers increased safety and visibility
- Color: White with Blue & Silver
|Need help with a definition?|
You May Also Like
Today's Customer Favorites