The 996 tennis shoe from New Balance combines some of the best aspects of the 851 and other lightweight performance tennis shoes, giving serious players the ability to increase foot speed with PROBANK stability technology, a responsive REVlite® midsole and a reliable NDURE forefoot cage. Don’t worry about dragging your toe when you serve—these shoes will stand up to that wear and tear and a whole lot more.
Why is this product a "second"?
"Seconds" are brand new, and in the original packaging. Generally, these shoes have very minor cosmetic blemishes which may include an off stitch or minor imperfection in the dye.
These styles meet New Balance specifications in every other way, and in no way affect the performance of the shoe. Our standard return policy is honored with these shoes.
- Synthetic/Mesh upper
- PROBANK technology, on the lateral side of the foot's foward half, distributes force more evenly so you can change directions quickly and efficiently. Cutting movements can cause the foot to slide to the outside, or lateral edge of the shoe, and this technology inspired by progressive banking on a race track helps keep you moving through course changes more smoothly than ever before
- Innovative REVlite midsole provides premium responsiveness and durability at a 30% lighter weight than other foams with comparable performance
- Herringbone Outsole allows increased traction for lateral motion and quick pivoting
- The NDure cage is a rubber cage around the toe area that protects from abrasions during play. It is bonded on top of the base mesh to increase durability.
- Non-marking outsole
- 12mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 12mm drop are approximate
- Color: White with Silver
- Shoe Last: PL-1
- Weight: 294 Grams (10.2 oz)
|Need help with a definition?|
You May Also Like
Today's Customer Favorites
New Balance 1187
Save: $65.00 (52%)
New Balance 1980
Save: $40.00 (40%)
New Balance 857
Save: $74.99 (60%)
New Balance 711
Save: $39.99 (50%)